Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Vids
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: First Vids Reply with quote

Had no idea where to put this so just stuck it in the Whatever thread.

Since we were sorta spamming up that "Video Of The Year" thread talking about it, I thought I'd move this topic into it's own thread. What was your first vid, or first Lost vid ever? Mine, as many people know, was the dreaded "Sawyer Begins". A summary of it: Terrible clip theft, 30 second Phantom Of The Opera music played over and over, random clips of Sawyer doing random stuff and random audio of him speaking since I didn't realise you could mute it, weird and dodgy titles and credits and loads of messy clips (Uruviel, I know one of the clips was stolen from you since if you pause it in one spot you can see a clip of Eowyn from LOTR Sorry. ). It was up for one and a half days before it was banned. And I'm pretty sure it was only put up in the first place because Hobbes felt sorry for me.

I challenge anyone to come up with a worst first vid than mine. Anyway, this is where you can either just talk about your first vid or maybe post it. Come on, I posted mine, anything will look like gold compared to it!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first videos were so terrible that I never even posted them anywhere . I think my first was a Kate video, to a Pink song. It was terrible, I didn't have access to whole episodes, so had to get clips from the internet. This meant each clip was about 7 hours long, and the whole video had only about 5 different clips. Beat use was just .. not there, and I had the dreaded 'people talking' clips. It was truely and awesome video. I would post it up, but it's been erased from my computer forever.

BTW, I can't download from RapidShare, and chance of another link?

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I burned mine to disc and buried it in the back yard. It was a Skate vid to the song "Crush" by Jennifer Paige and it was horrid. I just remember being so proud of it and showing my family. It's nice to know they lied to me just so they wouldn't hurt my feelings.
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger Zone

Last edited by rbexter93 on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus... you're the most improved vidder ever! (And I've actually seen worse than 'Sawyer Begins', believe it or not )

My first vid was only done to learn the windows movie maker software. I took the first song I found on my computer (Allison Crowe's Hallelujah that I eventually re-made) and put long PB&J clips over it. Totally random. Crazy thing is, I uploaded it on youtube last May without linking it anywhere and for some strange reason, it had close to 2000 hits, 40-something people had it as a favorite and it had a 4 1/2 rating before I removed it.

It was mainly because of the song because the vid sucked. And it proves that youtube's rating doesn't mean much.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first video ever had a 30 Seconds To Mars song that I thought was THE Locke song of the universe. And I wanted to start making music videos, so due to technical difficulties with my old editing software and lack of research I was so desperate to do it that I resorted to recording the TV screen on the Lost DVDs with my camcorder on a low light setting (so that no cutting lines would appear). I also couldn't burn the 30STM disc to my computer because of copyright protection, so I had to record that too, using a CD player and a microphone connected to the computer. In the middle of the night so that no house/family sounds would be messing it up. Which is why the sound is so so quiet and you have to turn it up a lot, especially at the beginning.

Someone uploaded it to Youtube recently... I didn't even know anyone still had it. I still have it though....

sig by IslandofMystery
Boby
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

here is the first vid I made :
http://sfucsi24.free.fr/LostGenerique.wmv
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, guess what I found...not my first vid but my second makes me wanna vomit...

Good example of how not to make a vid! I don't know WTH was with the black empty beginning, and the apsect ratio was way off on some of the clips, not to mention it's way too long. Most Embarrassing!

I should prolly remake this one day. Love the song! And my real name at the end!! *gasp*
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be cool if like everyone remade one of their first ever videos. Would be awesome to look at the improvements and such.

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
leylin
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, great thread!
my first vid was to the song Hero by enrique iglesias. it was a jate vid, and it totaly sucked.lol.

just to let everyone know,
me + spelling = hjansbdadfk;a
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock on b*tch

That is one action packed video

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first vid was "Slow" by Wayne and it was supposed to be a PB&J vid about how they started out well and it somehow went wrong...but uh, somehow the VIDEO went wrong and it's the worst God-awful montage of all time. There's very little beat use, random clips that make NO effing sense (and yes, I'm sure there are the dreaded 'talking people' clips in there, too), and there's pretty much no story. I was so proud of that stupid video, though, that I submitted it to LVI the SECOND it was finished. I even got some pretty okay feedback, but...I try to watch it now and can't even finish it, because it's so awful I almost want to have it taken down from LVI, but I figure it's a testament to how much I'm improving, so I'll leave it be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistojen wrote:
My first vid was "Slow" by Wayne and it was supposed to be a PB&J vid about how they started out well and it somehow went wrong...but uh, somehow the VIDEO went wrong and it's the worst God-awful montage of all time. There's very little beat use, random clips that make NO effing sense (and yes, I'm sure there are the dreaded 'talking people' clips in there, too), and there's pretty much no story. I was so proud of that stupid video, though, that I submitted it to LVI the SECOND it was finished. I even got some pretty okay feedback, but...I try to watch it now and can't even finish it, because it's so awful I almost want to have it taken down from LVI, but I figure it's a testament to how much I'm improving, so I'll leave it be.
Hey! I remember that one!! That was a pretty good first vid! Nothing to be ashamed of!!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:
Hey! I remember that one!! That was a pretty good first vid! Nothing to be ashamed of!!

HA! Yeah you were the feedback I was talking about. It's such rubbish though, seriously...I can't even watch it anymore because I'm like, "dude...what is this video even ABOUT?!" Thank you though! I watched Warren's How-to vid and read Aislynn's WMM tutorial, but I had WMM1 and NO idea what I was doing. Thank you though, hon!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan4Lost wrote:
I just remember being so proud of it and showing my family. It's nice to know they lied to me just so they wouldn't hurt my feelings.

I forced my little brother to watch Slow and he never even saw the first season of Lost, so he had no idea that Charlie and Claire were ever even on good terms at all. He was like "yeah, that's nice. How did you do that? I want to put together some of my gymnastics stuff to music..." His stupid vids have a trillion more hits on youtube than all of my vids put together, dammit.

...and then, I forced my dad to sit through all of my vids one night when I was at home visiting...he's never seen a single episode of Lost or Dead Like Me and he was like "those are nice, Jennifer. Let's look at JJ's, now!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: